VP of Operations (f/m/x)
Germany, Berlin, BerlinBusiness - Human Resources
About lemon.markets 🍋
We're on a mission to open 100 million brokerage accounts within the next ten years. Providing tech companies with the infrastructure to launch stock trading in Europe. To do so we are building a brokerage API beloved by the developer community.
Over the last 12 months, we focused on bringing the first version of the API to the market. Thousands of developers signed up and hundreds started to build their individual use cases with us. This resulted in 80+ inquiries from companies to launch their own stock trading UI with lemon.markets. With 15 million of fresh funding, we are now taking the next steps towards our mission: Building out our capabilities to allow companies to offer stock trading to their customers.
We have experienced first hand that brokerage infrastructure is broken. It’s a messy and complex problem that will take time to solve. But that’s exactly what we enjoy. Going to places nobody else dares and shielding our customers from the biggest pain. This not only creates tons of value when done right, but attracts the smartest minds.
One of our core beliefs at lemon.markets is that outlier companies are built by exceptional people. Having assembled the early believers, now is the time to create more structure, execute on a set cadence and develop healthy rituals as we grow. Thus, we are looking for an experienced operator to join our leadership team and work with our Founder CEO, Max. Owning the areas of Legal, Operations, Finance, BizDev and People. Giving you a real seat at the table to build one of the outlier companies of Europe in the decade to come.
What objectives you will follow:
The role is intentionally designed with a broad area of responsibilities to allow for maximum impact and will report directly to the Founder CEO, Max.
Become a trusted 'right-hand' to the Founder CEO with the freedom to operate autonomously and collaboratively to ensure lemon.markets achieves its full potential.
Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth and implement organisation-wide goal setting, performance management, and quarterly planning.
Build a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive, and organisational outcomes are met.
Ensure effective recruiting, onboarding, professional development, performance management, and retention
Lead by example, improve and support with automation of workflows in order to make life at lemon.markets better for everyone
What you will be responsible for:
Own and the Legal, Operations, Finance, BizDev and People Orgs.
Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures including the quarterly planning process.
Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives. Enabling them to be more effective and efficient in their job. Assist the CEO in board meetings.
Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth with the leadership team.
Establish policies that promote company culture and vision.
Maintain a birds-eye view of the business, connect the dots internally and improve coordination and communication across functional areas.
Own finance/treasury processes and run budgeting exercises with the leadership team taking over the existing structures and team.
Coordinate all people processes, ranging from recruiting over internal administration to people development.
Expose relevant performance reports and metrics to the leadership team & board and own ad-hoc, cross-functional projects
Ensure compliance with all applicable operational and employment laws, regulations, and policies.
- 7+ years of company building experience utilizing traditional project management principles and practices.
- 3+ years of people leadership experience being responsible for at least two layers
- You are a people person and a great communicator in-person, on VC and in the written word.
- Numerically agile and process minded. You will have an innate ability to anticipate scaling challenges, right-sizing the strategy for where we are today and where we need to be, and build processes around that.
- You know how to encourage relationships to develop a spirit of collaboration leading to continuous improvements across a whole team and on an individual basis.
- You are skilled in building connections between overall business goals and the day-to-day work items translating information into actions.
- Motivated by and able to thrive in a maturing startup environment
- A strong interest in, and sense of responsibility for, effectively scaling the business to reach its fullest potential; expertise in defining and scaling operational processes
- Experience at an early stage, startup, or Series A company is a plus.
- FinTech experience or previous experience within other regulated industries is a plus.
How we take care of you:
🚀Competitive compensation package: We will offer you a mix of cash and stock options based on your appetite for upside.
💎Make a real impact: Shape the experience for our customers and us alike. Decide on tools, processes and our go-to-market while building, learning and growing together.
🕑Flexible working hours: We value focus time. Encouraging everyone to minimise fixed meetings and leverage asynchronous communication.
💻Build your perfect setup: Mac/Linux, Mechanical Keyboard, Screen. These are not expenses but investments. Please tell us what is needed to make you productive, and we will take care of it.
🏢 Onsite first, but remote flexible: We all believe that in person collaboration is an integral part of working together, but offer flexibility for remote working. Once a quarter, the whole team meets for our offsite to hone this belief. In case you want to relocate to Berlin, we can provide assistance and visa sponsorship.
📈 Grow with us: We take your personal development seriously, meaning that we make sure to constantly mentor and challenge you so that you can reach your next level and beyond.
👶🏽 Get the flexibility you need: Whether you have a family or a passion that you want to follow on the side. We want to offer you a setting that fits your current stage in life.
As an equal opportunity employer, lemon.markets is committed to building an inclusive workplace. The company welcomes people from all different backgrounds, including age, citizenship, ethnic and racial origins, gender identities, individuals with disabilities, marital status, religions and ideologies, and sexual orientations to apply.
About the process
Hiring can be an exhausting process, especially when you're the one getting hired. Therefore, we aim to make this experience fast and transparent for you. You will spend a lot of time with Max to build a meaningful relationship throughout the process before meeting the leadership team and our board to meet all the key people you will work with. Tell us what you need to make a knowledgeable decision on your next move, we’ll make it happen.
- Introductory Call with Max - Co-Founder | 30 minutes
- Deep Dive Problem-Solving with Max - Co-Founder | 60 minutes
- Meet one of our board members | 30 minutes
- Meet the lemoneers in our HQ | 90 minutes
- Get to know Florian - Product lead | 30 minutes
- Get to know Matias - CTO | 30 minutes
- Meet the team in person | 30 minutes
- Get to know Florian - Product lead | 30 minutes
- Seal the deal with Max | 30 minutes