Product Manager (f/m/x)
RemoteBerlin, Berlin, GermanyProduct
About lemon.markets 🍋
We're on a mission to open 100 million brokerage accounts within the next ten years. Building the infrastructure for FinTech companies to launch an investing feature or product in Europe. Delivering the full value chain of brokerage through one API.
Over the last quarters, we focused on bringing the first version of the API to the market. Thousands of developers signed up and hundreds started to build their individual use cases with us. This resulted in 100+ inquiries from companies to launch their own stock trading UI with lemon.markets. With 15 million of fresh funding, we are now taking the next steps toward our mission: Building out our capabilities to allow (Fin)Tech companies to offer investment opportunities to their customers.
We have experienced first hand that brokerage infrastructure is broken. It’s a messy and complex problem that will take time to solve. But that’s exactly what we enjoy. Going to places nobody else dares and shielding our customers from the biggest pain. This not only creates tons of value when done right, but attracts the smartest minds - because we believe outlier companies are built by exceptional people like you.
As Product Manager you will join the Product Development Team, responsible for shipping our brokerage API, platform and customer portal until the end of the year. That means you will play a key role in lemon.markets go-to-market and the development of our product.
At lemon.markets we value ownership a lot. That means, you will drive work autonomously within your problem spaces. Working within the product team, you will report directly to our VP of Product. Together with our engineers you will team up to deliver high quality outcomes collaborate with lemoneers across Operations, Legal, AML, Finance & Compliance.
This is your opportunity to make an impact on our core product, shape the customer experience from the ground up and work with a team of passionate professionals alongside you. Together we will leverage your previous experiences to build the investment infrastructure for the next 100 million retail investors in Europe.
- Lead your own work streams, taking full accountability of your problem spaces & your deliverables.
- Drive the discovery process with customers and internal stakeholders to identify problems, scope solutions and ensure an agile delivery.
- Understand the underlying regulation and legislation of building investment infrastructure, diving deep into legal, regulatory & compliance matters if needed.
- Build & drive our platform and portal experiences together with our engineers & customers alike.
- Continuously collect feedback from our customers and make sure we address & implement it.
- Build and maintain relationships with our partners & vendors to foster co-development.
- Fill in all gaps that you see to deliver the initial release of the platform.
- Build an outstanding product organization with us. Among the first Product manager you will lay the foundation for how product management is done here in lemon.markets.
You will be successful in this role if:
- You have a proven track record working as a product manager, building complex SaaS, API-first or Financial products. Your path to product management can have taken some twists and turns, but prepared you well for working in cross-functional teams alongside Engineers & other domain experts.
- You understand what building products in a highly regulated environment means. Ideally, you have worked prior at a Fintech or financial services provider. Understanding your responsibility being in the first line of defence.
- You listen to your customers. Here at lemon.markets we believe that the best way to develop a product is to be obsessed with our customers. You will meet them regularly and make sure that their voice is heard at all times.
- You enjoy building from scratch. Bringing a complex system live, working towards that alongside a cross-functional team every day & seeing your day-to-day impact in that is what gets you going.
- You drive development with clear outcomes. We value delivering results a lot and challenge ourselves to create a clear, measurable impact for everything that we set out to do. That means working data-driven & documenting well.
- You thrive on ownership. You are intrinsically motivated to deliver high quality outcomes for our customers by taking initiative and challenging the status quo.
- You have a collaborative mindset. Working together as a team and sharing knowledge comes natural to you. While you will have a lot of autonomy delivering your projects, you understand the necessity of cross-functional work, a certain pragmatism & dedication to launch our platform.
- You are a great communicator. Working in a start-up can be messy & unstructured at times, you’re able to sift through the noise, assess what's really critical. You create buy-in for your plans from your stakeholders by applying a strong writing culture.
How we take care of you:
💎 Make a real impact:
Shape the experience for our customers and us alike. Decide on tools, processes and our go-to-market while building, learning and growing together.
🕑 Flexible working hours:
We value focus time. Encouraging everyone to minimise fixed meetings and leverage asynchronous communication.
💻 Build your perfect setup:
Mac/Linux, Mechanical Keyboard, Screen. These are not expenses but investments. Please tell us what is needed to make you productive, and we will take care of it.
🏢 Onsite first, but remote flexible:
We all believe that in - person collaboration is an integral part of working together, but offer flexibility for remote working. Once a quarter the whole team meets for our offsite to honer this belief. In case you want to relocate to Berlin, we can provide assistance and visa sponsorship.
📈 Grow with us:
We take your personal development seriously, meaning that we make sure to constantly mentor and challenge you so that you can reach your next level and beyond.
👶🏽 Get the flexibility you need:
Whether you have a family or a passion that you want to follow on the side. We want to offer you a setting that fits your current stage in life.
As an equal opportunity employer, lemon.markets is committed to building an inclusive workplace. The company welcomes people from all different backgrounds, including age, citizenship, ethnic and racial origins, gender identities, individuals with disabilities, marital status, religions and ideologies, and sexual orientations to apply.
About the process
Hiring can be an exhausting process, especially when you're the one trying to get hired. Therefore, we try to make this a fast and transparent process. Additionally, you will always have one contact person guiding you through the process and helping you to schedule meetings, and setting you up on a path of success. Your process will look like this:
- Get to know lemon.markets - Jasmin - Talent | 40 minutes
- Product Management - Flo - VP of Product | 60 minutes
- Building Products @ lemon.markets - Sam - VP of Engineering & Max - Founder | 60 minutes
- Meet us at lemon.markets HQ
- Case Study - Flo, Sam & Max | 60 minutes
- Meet the Engineering team - A selection of Engineers | 45 minutes
- Ask us Anything - A selection of lemoneer | 30 minutes
Thanks for your application! 🤩
You have successfully submitted your application at 🍋 .markets. We will review it and get back to you shortly.