People Operations Manager (f/m/x)
Germany, Berlin, BerlinBusiness - Human Resources
About lemon.markets 🍋
We're on a mission to open 100 million brokerage accounts within the next ten years. Providing tech companies with the infrastructure to launch stock trading in Europe. To do so we are building a brokerage API beloved by the developer community.
Over the last 12 months, we focused on bringing the first version of the API to the market. Thousands of developers signed up and hundreds started to build their individual use cases with us. This resulted in 80+ inquiries from companies to launch their own stock trading UI with lemon.markets. With 15 million of fresh funding, we are now taking the next steps towards our mission: Building out our capabilities to allow companies to offer stock trading to their customers.
We have experienced first hand that brokerage infrastructure is broken. It’s a messy and complex problem that will take time to solve. But that’s exactly what we enjoy. Going to places nobody else dares and shielding our customers from the biggest pain. This not only creates tons of value when done right, but attracts the smartest minds - because we believe outlier companies are built by exceptional people like you.
As People Operations Manager you will take care of all things people here at lemon.markets. We are a diverse & international team. Your main goal is to make working at lemon.markets as smooth & empowering as possible. Navigating different locations, working models (remote or onsite) and legislative set-ups. You will have the opportunity to build out our HR processes and as well as build new processes from scratch. Meaning - you will have the best of both worlds. An early stage start-up and lean company, enabling you to get things done. While already having a good foundation of processes to go off. This means you will have a wide set of responsibility. Ranging from onboarding to supporting with payroll. Allowing you a high degree of ownership & impact in here.
- You will own our HR platform and maintaining our HR database. Being responsible for the preparation of employment contracts, supplementary agreements, and other agreements.
- You are responsible for the implementation of tools as well as the maintenance and professionalization of our digital processes.
- You will own the onboarding process for new joiners of the company. Make them feel welcome and set them up for success.
- You will communicate with our tax consultants about all things payroll.
- You will design & craft company policies (e.g. around remote work).
- You will run shop in our brand-new HQ and making sure our team has everything they need to do their best work e.g. expense management for remote employees, office supplies or coordinate external partners.
- You will help coordinate team activities, company events and our quarterly offsite.
Who are you:
- You have a proven history working within people operations, ideally in a hands-on capacity in an early stage startup, fintech or tech company.
- You bring empathy and excellent communication skills to the table. You will be the go-to person for all people related questions for all of our lemoneers on a day-to-day basis.
- You have already managed your own projects and are able to drive and develop topics independently, solution-oriented and reliably, e.g. implementation of new tools, workshop for your teams or planning company events.
- You are well experienced in managing multiple contract setups (Full-time, Part-time, Working Student, Freelancers, Remote people).
- You are ideally familiar with managing stock options programs, or have an interest in learning more about it.
- Having experience with our current HR stack including Personio and DATEV, would be a plus.
You will be successful in this role if:
- You care about people. We believe exceptional people build exceptional products. Enabling our lemoneers being at their best will play an important part in your role.
- You enjoy building processes from scratch. We would want to get our people operations processes right from the start, making sure they are scalable and follow best practices.
- You have hands-on mentality. To avoid getting stuck in discussion, you are not afraid to take action and start new projects and iterate along the way.
- You are ready and willing to take ownership. “This is not my job!” is not part of your vocabulary - you identify problems, take initiative to take them on and challenge the status quo.
- You are looking for a steep learning curve. You are driven by challenges and your curiosity to learn and improve. We will always enable you with that, but your willingness has to come first.
- You understand what working in a startup or a similar lean organization is like. Working in an early-stage startup can be somehow frightened, overwhelming and amazing at the same time.
How we take care of you:
🚀Competitive compensation package:
We will offer you a mix of cash and stock options based on your appetite for upside.
💎Make a real impact:
Shape the employee experience of all lemoneers. Decide on tools and processes, to make working at lemon.markets a great experience.
🕑Flexible working hours:
We value focus time. Encouraging everyone to minimise fixed meetings and leverage asynchronous communication.
💻Build your perfect setup:
Mac, Mechanical Keyboard, Screen. These are not expenses but investments. Please tell us what is needed to make you productive, and we will take care of it.
🏢 Onsite first, but remote flexible:
We all believe that in - person collaboration is an integral part of working together, but offer flexibility for remote working. Once a quarter the whole team meets for our offsite to honer this belief. In case you want to relocate to Berlin, we can provide assistance and visa sponsorship.
📈 Grow with us:
We take your personal development seriously, meaning that we make sure to constantly mentor and challenge you so that you can reach your next level and beyond.
👶🏽 Get the flexibility you need:
Whether you have a family or a passion that you want to follow on the side. We want to offer you a setting that fits your current stage in life.
As an equal opportunity employer, lemon.markets is committed to building an inclusive workplace. The company welcomes people from all different backgrounds, including age, citizenship, ethnic and racial origins, gender identities, individuals with disabilities, marital status, religions and ideologies, and sexual orientations to apply.
About the process
Hiring can be an exhausting process, especially when you're the one trying to get hired. Therefore, we try to make this a fast and transparent process. Additionally, you will always have one contact person guiding you through the process and helping you to schedule meetings, and setting you up on a path of success. Your process will look like this:
- Introductory Call with Jasmin | 30 minutes
- Get to know Ferdinand - BizDev | 60 minutes
- Meet the lemoneers in our HQ | 90 minutes
- Meet the team | 60 minutes
- Get to know Max - Co-Founder | 30 minutes