Securities Operations Specialist (f/m/x)
Berlin, Berlin, GermanyBrokerage Operations
About lemon.markets 🍋
Our mission is providing better opportunities to invest in capital markets. By empowering FinTechs and Banks to offer investment products, we help create financial well-being for their customers. In pursuit of this goal we strive to open 100 million securities accounts within Europe in this decade.
lemon.markets builds infrastructure for financial services and technology companies powering the next generation of investment products. From enabling a FinTech to launch their first investment product, over allowing e.g. a Neobank to embed investing into their product to bringing investing into a completely new context. Our API-first infrastructure makes launching an investment product customer-centric and compliant. We abstract all complexity for our partners through a well documented API, a self-service customer operations portal and operating in a clear regulatory framework. Enabling partners to launch in weeks, not months.
We have experienced first hand that brokerage infrastructure is broken. Building an investment product used to be highly expensive, challenging and cumbersome. We ease this pain by shielding our partners & their customers from the underlying complexity - and with that we make investing more accessible to everyone. Because that’s exactly what we enjoy, going to places nobody else dares and solving hard problems. This not only creates tons of value when done right, but attracts the smartest minds - because outlier companies are built by exceptional (& diverse) people like you.
As a Securities Operations Specialist, your mission is to oversee the processing of securities transactions, from trade confirmation, to settlement processing, and reconciliation, ensuring efficient, accurate and compliant Securities Operations. You will actively manage failed settlements, mitigate settlement-related risks, and make sure we comply with all regulatory requirements. Besides that, you will collaborate with counterparties and Custodians to address issues and to maintain effective communication channels.
At lemon.markets we value ownership a lot. Meaning you will have autonomy in shaping your area of responsibility. You will report directly to our Securities Operations Lead and collaborate strategically with experienced product, legal and regulatory professionals across the business. This is your opportunity to excel as a Securities Settlements Specialist, ensuring seamless Securities Operations Process within our dynamic team.
- Be operational responsible for the entire settlement lifecycle.
- Own reconciliation and exception handling in case of errors and differences.
- Manage the operational relationship with our custodian with respect to clearing & settlement.
- Handle CSDR and other reporting queries.
- Manage securities transfers end-to-end, handle all interactions with counterparties and resolve tax related issues.
- Optimise and automate existing processes around securities settlements, fails management and reconciliation.
- Work hand in hand with Market Operations and Asset Servicing departments to ensure best in class Securities Operations
- Collaborate closely with the Customer Service team to ensure a great customer experience.
- Contribute to our internal expertise as a brokerage expert by sharing knowledge and to internal guide books, the knowledge base and process documentation.
You will be successful in this role if:
- You gained extensive experience in Securities processing in particular Clearing & Settlement in the German or European financial industry — ideally in a securities firm or bank. And by that you understand German & European financial market regulation very well.
- You have a deep understanding of the full securities lifecycle and beyond. Your knowledge extends beyond the Securities Operations scope, meaning you have a basic understanding of the full trade lifecycle.
- You have gained experience in improving processes & implementing new tools and preferably have experience in Tools such as Aladdin, Simcorp Dimension or Custodian Web Portals.
- You have extensive knowledge of relevant SWIFT messages and Trade Reconciliation.
- You are confident in providing guidance to the organizations and colleagues by sharing your knowledge and take responsibility for creating handbooks, building processes and defining policies.
- You can prioritise effectively. Meaning you are able to sift through the noise and assess what's critical for the current priority.
- You enjoy building mission-critical infrastructure. That means abstracting complexity for our partners and customers alike and scaling towards high volumes.
- “This is not my job!” is not part of your vocabulary. You are motivated by nature to deliver value for our partners by taking initiative and challenging the status quo, even if this means admitting one's own shortcomings and changing things.
- You understand what working in a startup or cross functional teams is like. You will work very cross functionally, collaborating with Engineers, Product Managers and other Operations specialists alike making sure we build best in class brokerage infrastructure.
How we take care of you:
🚀Competitive compensation package:
We will offer you a mix of cash and stock options based on your appetite for upside.
💎Make a real impact:
Shape the experience for our candidates and lemoneers alike. Decide on tools & processes around Securities Operations while building, learning and growing together.
🕑Flexible working hours:
We value focus time. Encouraging everyone to minimise fixed meetings and leverage asynchronous communication.
💻Build your perfect setup:
MacBook, Mechanical Keyboard, Plugins, IDE. These are not expenses but investments, tell us what is needed to make you productive.
🏢 Onsite first, but remote flexible:
We all believe that in - person collaboration is an integral part of working together, but offer flexibility for working from home. Once a quarter, the whole company meets for our offsite to honer this belief.
📈 Grow with us:
We take your personal development seriously, meaning that we make sure to constantly mentor and challenge you so that you can reach your next level and beyond.
👶🏽 Get the flexibility you need:
Whether you have a family or a passion that you want to follow on the side. We want to offer you a setting that fits your current stage in life.
Diversity Commitment statement:🌈
As an equal opportunity employer, lemon.markets is committed to building an inclusive workplace. The company welcomes people from all different backgrounds, including age, citizenship, ethnic and racial origins, gender identities, individuals with disabilities, marital status, religions and ideologies, and sexual orientations to apply.
About the process:
Get to know us - Jasmin, Talent | 40 minutes
Securities Operations Deep Dive - Dev, Securities Operations Lead | 60 minutes
Brokerage Deep Dive - Laura, VP Brokerage | 60 minutes
Meet us @ lemon.markets HQ | 150 minutes
Meet the Team - Mikael, Market Operations Lead - Dennis, Sr. Backend Engineer | 45 minutes
Principle Session - A selection of lemoneers | 45 minutes
Case Study Discussion - Laura, VP Brokerage - Dev, Securities Ops Lead - Amith, Sr. Product Manager | 60 minutes