Founder's Associate Intern (f/m/x)
Berlin, Berlin, GermanyBusiness - Business Development
About lemon.markets 🍋
Our mission is providing better opportunities to invest in capital markets. By empowering FinTechs and Banks to offer investment products, we help create financial well-being for their customers. In pursuit of this goal we strive to open 100 million securities accounts within Europe in this decade.
lemon.markets builds infrastructure for financial services and technology companies powering the next generation of investment products. From enabling a FinTech to launch their first investment product, over allowing e.g. a Neobank to embed investing into their product to bringing investing into a completely new context. Our API-first infrastructure makes launching an investment product customer-centric and compliant. We abstract all complexity for our partners through a well documented API, a self-service customer operations portal and operating in a clear regulatory framework. Enabling partners to launch in weeks, not months.
We have experienced first hand that brokerage infrastructure is broken. Building an investment product used to be highly expensive, challenging and cumbersome. We ease this pain by shielding our partners & their customers from the underlying complexity - and with that we make investing more accessible to everyone. Because that’s exactly what we enjoy, going to places nobody else dares and solving hard problems. This not only creates tons of value when done right, but attracts the smartest minds - because outlier companies are built by exceptional (& diverse) people like you.
As a Founder’s Associate Intern, you will support the leadership team here at lemon.markets, making sure the business grows & runs smoothly, ensuring alignment across all business areas.
You will work on a selection of diverse projects ranging from Strategy & Operations, to Business Development & Go-to-Market. These projects are hard to forecast and will highly depend on needs evolving from the phase lemon.markets is in, as well as hugely on your interests and the skill set you already bring along.
You’ll get the best of both worlds: Experience firsthand how an early-stage start-up is being built, enjoy & benefit from a fast-paced and flexible environment, while working closely with experienced experts in their field. That means you will not only support and leverage your skill set, but learn & grow by taking on projects with a high degree of ownership.
- Support the leadership team on strategic projects: Help develop business strategies & execute on them, making sure we stay aligned with our company goals & objectives.
- Further, define & develop our GTM strategy: Continuously research and analyse market trends, conduct competitor activities, and stay up to date with the changing Brokerage landscape in Europe.
- Drive various strategic initiatives to help us prepare for our go-live, ramping up business operations and ensuring operational readiness.
- Critically question, analyse and improve existing processes. Constantly aim to improve our existing setup, build world class processes around it, that enable us to have a smoothly running organisation.
Who are you:
- You have a background in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Computer science or a similar area.
- You are an entrepreneurial problem solver. You strive to take ownership of the tasks you get and apply your analytical skills, structured thinking, and independent working style towards solving them.
- You have gained hands-on experience in a fast-paced environment. You understand what working in a startup or a similar lean organisation is like. Ideally, you have worked in an early-stage startup, fintech, consulting, tech company or similar.
- You are ready and willing to take ownership. “This is not my job!” is not part of your vocabulary - you identify problems, take initiative to take them on, and challenge the status quo.
- You cope well with frequent change and ambiguity. Changing tasks & requirements excite you. You are able to think logically, break down complex problems and prioritise between multiple tasks on your table.
- You have a hands-on mentality. You default into action, want to gather first learnings fast, and iterate on the progress along the way.
- You are a team player. Working together as a team and sharing knowledge comes naturally to you.
- You have no problem with learning new tools and skills on the go. You try to solve problems with more things than the ones you already know. We will always enable you with that, but your willingness has to come first.
How we take care of you:
💎 Make a real impact:
Shape the experience for our customers and us alike. Decide on tools, processes and our go-to-market while building, learning and growing together.
🕑Flexible working hours:
We value focus time. Encouraging everyone to minimise fixed meetings and leverage asynchronous communication.
🏢 Onsite first, but flexibility to work from home:
We all believe that in-person collaboration is an integral part of working together, but offer flexibility to work from home. Once a quarter, the whole team meets for our offsite to honor this belief.
📈 Grow with us:
We take your personal development seriously, meaning that we make sure to constantly mentor and challenge you so that you can reach your next level and beyond.
As an equal opportunity employer, lemon.markets is committed to building an inclusive workplace. The company welcomes people from all different backgrounds, including age, citizenship, ethnic and racial origins, gender identities, individuals with disabilities, marital status, religions and ideologies, and sexual orientations to apply.
About the process
Hiring can be an exhausting process, especially when you're the one trying to get hired. Therefore, we try to make this a fast and transparent process. Additionally, you will always have one contact person guiding you through the process and helping you to schedule meetings, and setting you up on a path to success. Your process will look like this:
- Get to know each other - Laura, People & Culture Manager | 45 Minutes
- Deep Dive Founder Associates Team - Teresa, Chief of Staff | 60 minutes
- Case study - take home assignment -
- Meet the team | 90 Minutes
- Case study presentation (Max, Founder & Laura, People & Culture & Teresa, Chief of Staff)
- Principle's Session - (A selection of lemoneers)