Finance Manager (f/m/x)
Berlin, Berlin, GermanyFinance
About lemon.markets 🍋
Our mission is providing better opportunities to invest in capital markets. By empowering FinTechs and Banks to offer investment products, we help create financial well-being for their customers. In pursuit of this goal we strive to open 100 million securities accounts within Europe in this decade.
lemon.markets builds infrastructure for financial services and technology companies powering the next generation of investment products. From enabling a FinTech to launch their first investment product, over allowing e.g. a Neobank to embed investing into their product to bringing investing into a completely new context. Our API-first infrastructure makes launching an investment product customer-centric and compliant. We abstract all complexity for our partners through a well documented API, a self-service customer operations portal and operating in a clear regulatory framework. Enabling partners to launch in weeks, not months.
We have experienced first hand that brokerage infrastructure is broken. Building an investment product used to be highly expensive, challenging and cumbersome. We ease this pain by shielding our partners & their customers from the underlying complexity - and with that we make investing more accessible to everyone. Because that’s exactly what we enjoy, going to places nobody else dares and solving hard problems. This not only creates tons of value when done right, but attracts the smartest minds - because outlier companies are built by exceptional (& diverse) people like you.
Your mission is to be an integral part of building and scaling the Finance function within lemon.markets. As Finance Manager you develop processes and policies as well as support the Product Development team and other functions in their tasks - becoming the go-to person for external stakeholders. Thus, you will play an important role in establishing lemon.markets as the go-to-provider for launching investment products in Europe.
At lemon.markets we value ownership a lot. Meaning you have a lot of autonomy in shaping your area of responsibility. Reporting directly to our Head of Finance and collaborating closely with Risk, Product, Compliance, among others, making sure our Finance function is set up for success from day one. This is your opportunity to have an impact, not just on the Finance department, but also on the product, to help launch a compliant investment product.
- Manage and optimize various Finance processes, within Accounting, Regulatory Reporting, Tax, or Planning and Controlling, by leveraging your expertise
- Collaborate closely with the Head of Finance on special projects, particularly during the build and ramp-up phase, contributing to the success and growth of lemon.markets
- Work together closely with the Management Team and build and monitor our annual financial plan
- Support on product work, defining and documenting functional requirements, establishing test concepts and testing/documentation
- Work closely with other back-office functions, including Risk and Compliance, supporting them on their projects and tasks
- Be a point of contact for our external auditors, ensuring timely delivery of high quality documentation by various teams
- Cultivate a culture of knowledge-sharing as you work closely with our Product Development team, bridging the gap between finance and innovation for strategic product advancements
You will be successful in this role if:
- Growing investing opportunities excites you. Our mission resonates with you, because you have either worked in the financial sector (i.e. Brokerage or Banking) or in the technology sector (i.e. FinTechs or API-first companies).
- You have a strong background in Finance. You have gained extensive experience in either a Finance Function at a bank, FinTech or other regulated institution, or with a Big 4 company. This means you have owned projects with multiple stakeholders and feel at home with accounting according to German GAAP (HGB) and RechKredV, as well as are confident navigating in regulatory environments. Experience in group accounting and consolidation is a plus.
- You are willing to build up a function from scratch. You're a hands-on player, willing to put in high-quality processes from the beginning, while being pragmatic with more complex solutions.
- Communication and collaboration come naturally to you. You are able to communicate well with diverse audiences, and are able to succinctly communicate requirements and technical topics as well as effectively communicate risks and opportunities you notice.
- You understand what working in a startup or a similar lean organisation is like. You can move quickly and focus on what's truly important.
- You thrive on ownership: “This is not my job!” is not part of your vocabulary - you are intrinsically motivated to deliver value by taking initiative and challenging the status quo.
How we take care of you:
🚀 Competitive compensation package:
We will offer you a mix of cash and stock options based on your appetite for upside.
💎 Make a real impact:
Shape the experience for our Partners and us alike. Decide on tools, processes and our go-to-market while building, learning and growing together.
🕑 Flexible working hours:
We value focus time. Encouraging everyone to minimise fixed meetings and leverage asynchronous communication.
💻 Build your perfect setup:
Mac, Mechanical Keyboard, Screen. These are not expenses but investments. Please tell us what is needed to make you productive, and we will take care of it.
🏢 Onsite first, but remote flexible:
We all believe that personal collaboration is an integral part of working together, but offer flexibility for to work from home. Once a quarter the whole team meets for our offsite to honour this belief. In case you want to relocate to Berlin, we can provide assistance.
📈 Grow with us:
We take your personal development seriously, meaning that we make sure to constantly mentor and challenge you so that you can reach your next level and beyond.
👶🏽 Get the flexibility you need:
Whether you have a family or a passion that you want to follow on the side. We want to offer you a setting that fits your current stage in life.
As an equal opportunity employer, lemon.markets is committed to building an inclusive workplace. The company welcomes people from all different backgrounds, including age, citizenship, ethnic and racial origins, gender identities, individuals with disabilities, marital status, religions and ideologies, and sexual orientations to apply.
About the process
Hiring can be an exhausting process, especially when you're the one trying to get hired. Therefore, we try to make this a fast and transparent process. Additionally, you will always have one contact person guiding you through the process and helping you to schedule meetings, and setting you up on a path of success. Your process will look like this:
- Get to know each other - Teresa - Chief of Staff | 45 minutes
- Deep Dive Finance - Julia - Head of Finance | 60 minutes
- Meet the Leadership - Dirk - MD Backoffice | 60 minutes
- Meet us at our HQ
- Meet the Brokerage team - Laura (VP Brokerage), Alex (Head of Program Management), Niko (Head of Compliance) | 60 minutes
- Case study - Guido (Head of Risk), Julia (Head of Finance), Dirk (MD Back Office) | 60 minutes
- Ask us anything - A Selection of lemoneers | 45 minutes