DevOps Engineer (f/m/x)
RemoteGermany, Berlin, BerlinTech - Infrastructure
About lemon.markets 🍋
We're on a mission to open 100 million brokerage accounts within the next ten years. Providing tech companies with the infrastructure to launch stock trading in Europe. To do so we are building a brokerage API beloved by the developer community.
Over the last 12 months, we focused on bringing the first version of the API to the market. Thousands of developers signed up and hundreds started to build their individual use cases with us. This resulted in 80+ inquiries from companies to launch their own stock trading UI with lemon.markets. With 15 million of fresh funding, we are now taking the next steps towards our mission: Building out our capabilities to allow companies to offer stock trading to their customers.
We have experienced first hand that brokerage infrastructure is broken. It’s a messy and complex problem that will take time to solve. But that’s exactly what we enjoy. Going to places nobody else dares and shielding our customers from the biggest pain. This not only creates tons of value when done right, but attracts the smartest minds - because we believe outlier companies are built by exceptional people like you.
Join us and help us build our brokerage API whilst keeping the product engine running!
As DevOps engineer at lemon.markets, your main goal is to configure everything that is needed to deploy, maintain and monitor our brokerage API from the first day - working closely with Backend, Infrastructure & DevSecOps engineers to make sure a strong DevOps culture is implemented and practiced early on.
This means you will play an important role in managing our Trading API, which has already been up and running for several months. More importantly though, you will play a crucial role in building and shaping our brokerage API, our future flagship product. The brokerage API allows companies to easily embed brokerage services into their existing products, to foster investing use cases in many more Fintech applications.
Who are you:
- You have extensive experience as DevOps Engineer, ideally within Fintech, Insurtech or Financial services
- You have proven experience with AWS infrastructure and services, and you know your way around AWS services, such as: VPC networking, MSK, RDS and S3
- You are well versed in automating processes within cloud operations, security configuration, account management, cost optimizations, etc.
- You gained good experience in developing and maintaining AWS infrastructure using Terraform and are keen to dive even deeper into AWS ecosystem and cloud technologies
- You are an expert with CI/CD pipelines, GitHub and DevOps best practices, making services and infrastructures resilient and scalable
- You've worked with multiple types of databases, e.g. Cassandra, Keyspaces, DynamoDB and PostgreSQL
- You have gained hands-on experience working with containerized environments (Kubernetes, EKS, Docker, AWS ECR), developed and maintained Kubernetes clusters in AWS cloud
- You know how to leverage various components of Datadog to enhance monitoring, logging and tracing of our platform
- You have good knowledge on building reliable event-driven infrastructure with Apache Kafka
- Experience with building and scaling WebSockets is desirable
- You understand agile workflows and lean principles, and you know how to apply them in a distributed team set-up
- It’s a plus to hold any AWS Professional / Associate Certifications or Kubernetes Certification such as CKA or CKS
You will be successful in this role if:
- You have an interest in Finance. We operate in a highly regulated environment and therefore having worked prior in a Fintech or financial Service provider (Bank, Insurance or Brokerage) industry would be preferable and would give you a head start.
- You enjoy building from scratch. You enjoy working in a green field project. It means high involvement in the product development process itself while advocating for DevOps best practices. It means that you enjoy taking infrastructure decisions.
- You don't measure success in speed, but in consistency. You will be the voice of our existing & future customers. When we are shipping new features, you will root for consistency and continuous integration, while not loosing track of our pace.
- You have a bias for action over a discussion. To avoid getting stuck in discussions, you collect new feedback, try out a different approach or gather data with a proof of concept because you trust the process.
- You have a collaborative mindset. Working together as a team and sharing knowledge comes naturally to you. Long-term - you consider becoming a team lead.
- You have no problem with learning new technologies on the go. You try to solve problems with more things than the ones you already know. We will always enable you with that, but your will has to come first.
- You understand what working in a startup or a similar lean organisation is like. Working in an early-stage startup can be somehow frightened, overwhelming and amazing at the same time.
"hours": 40, // -- Default: 40hrs; Min: 20hrs; Max: 40hrs
"holidays": 25, // -- Default: 25d; Min: 20d; Max: 30d
"salary": "?", // --
"shares": "?", // -- Mandatory
"location": "onsite-first" // -- Options: remote flexibility | germany | europe
description: fewer meetings than in your last job
description: manageable amount of chaos
description: to remember that we are all human
description: optional to generate lasting memories with the team
About the process
As an equal opportunity employer, lemon.markets is committed to building an inclusive workplace. The company welcomes people from all different backgrounds, including age, citizenship, ethnic and racial origins, gender identities, individuals with disabilities, marital status, religions and ideologies, and sexual orientations to apply.
Hiring can be an exhausting process, especially when you're the one trying to get hired. Therefore, we try to make this a fast and transparent process. Additionally, you will always have one contact person guiding you through the process and helping you to schedule meetings, and setting you up on a path of success. Your process will look like this:
- Get to know each other | 40 minutes
- Technical chat with a members of the Infrastructure Team | 60 minutes
- Meet the Team in our HQ
- Get to know - Florian or Dennis | 60 minutes
- Meet the Founder - Max | 30 minutes
- Discussion of a technical task - Miłosz | 60 minutes