Business Development Intern (f/m/x)
Germany, Berlin, BerlinBusiness - Business Development
Hey there 👋 ,
lemon.markets is a brokerage API for developers at the stock market. 💸
With lemon.markets you can code your own trading algorithms, bots, or applications at the stock market and execute them against our API. If you want to get a deeper understanding or get started yourself: Check out our docs. We started with a narrow focus, but huge ambitions in order to pursue our vision of embedded brokerage experiences in every context, built by developers, consumed by everyone.
There are exciting times ahead. We have launched our Paper Trading API in November and are already onboarding the first users for the real money product. Supporting the public roll-out of the real money product will be a core part of your responsibilities. This means you will take care of business operations, be involved in marketing activities, prepare management decisions and create scalable processes to support our customers in using the lemon.markets API.
If you want to get on board of this 🚀 and build technology to democratize the brokerage industry with us. We would love to hear from you!
- 🎓 You are working on a bachelor’s or master’s degree. It is time for you to really see firsthand, why are you putting yourself through a business administration, economics, engineering, computer science, or any other subject/degree showing your ability to think logically and break down complex problems.
- 💡 You are an entrepreneurial problem solver. You strive to take ownership of the tasks you get and apply your analytical skills, structured thinking, and independent working style towards solving them.
- 🧠 You always want to learn about new products or processes on the go. In reality, this means you will end up solving problems we didn’t think through, yet. This might require you to self-learn and grow while being able to produce output in the meantime.
- 👨👩👧👦 You have been part of a lean organization before. Working in an early-stage startup can be somehow frightening, overwhelming, and amazing at the same time. Already being involved in a student initiative or other side hustles can help extremely to navigate through this environment.
- 🖼️ You always keep the bigger picture in mind. The tasks you will do only cover a small part of the whole company, we need you to be able to reflect on what you do and why you do it.
- 🇬🇧 Excellent English skills. As we have an international team our default company language is English.
❗ There is no such thing as the perfect candidate and there is nobody sitting on our side just ticking boxes. We want to get to know the person, so don't worry about these criteria too much.
- Early Stage experience. Get first-hand experience on how we build lemon.markets by sitting right next to the founding team.
- Take responsibility and step up your game. Ownership of projects instead of handling superficial tasks.****
- Fair compensation. We will work out a fair package that fits your current situation.
- Enjoy an exciting time in Berlin. What else to say? Join us for a full-time internship of 3-6 months!
- Shape the next 🦄 in the making. Get an insight into the mechanics of a VC-backed company.
- 🕑 Flexible working hours: We try to minimize the number of meetings (no external meetings before 2 pm) and maximize our focused deep work.
- 💎 Make an impact: Shape the experience for our customers and us alike. Decide on tools, processes, and our go-to-market while we are learning, growing, and building together.
- 🏢 Onsite first (central & cozy office): We believe in the advantages of working together, so we want to create the perfect environment for you.
- 🎳 Diverse Team Events: We really enjoy a good board game every now and then, but are also highly competitive in Skribble. Also, hopefully, we'll be able to do more outdoor events this year.
- 📈 Grow with us: We want to invest in your learning as well, no matter if these are books, online resources, or any other methods to stay ahead of the curve.
- 👩🏽💻 Perfect setup for productivity in place: Two big screens already waiting for you. These are not expenses but investments. Tell us what you need to be productive, and we'll take care of it.
About the process
Hiring can be an exhausting process, especially when you're the one trying to get hired. Therefore, we try to make this a fast and transparent process. Additionally, you will always have one contact person guiding you through the process and helping you with scheduling meetings and making introductions. Your process will look like this:
- Get to know each other | 30-45 minutes
- Small case study/challenge | not longer than 2h
- Deep Dive | 45-60 minutes - includes presentation of small challenge
- Meet Founder | 30 minutes chat, so you know the founding team