Business Development Intern (f/m/x)
Germany, Berlin, BerlinBusiness - Business Development
About lemon.markets 🍋
We're on a mission to open 100 million brokerage accounts within the next ten years. Building the infrastructure for FinTech companies to launch an investing feature or product in Europe. Delivering the full value chain of brokerage through one API.
Over the last quarters, we focused on bringing the first version of the API to the market. Thousands of developers signed up and hundreds started to build their individual use cases with us. This resulted in 80+ inquiries from companies to launch their own stock trading UI with lemon.markets. With 15 million of fresh funding, we are now taking the next steps toward our mission: Building out our capabilities to allow (Fin)Tech companies to offer investment opportunities to their customers.
We have experienced firsthand that brokerage infrastructure is broken. It’s a messy and complex problem that will take time to solve. But that’s exactly what we enjoy. Going to places nobody else dares and shielding our customers from the biggest pain. This not only creates tons of value when done right but attracts the smartest minds - because we believe outlier companies are built by exceptional people like you.
As a Business Development Intern, you will support the Business Development team at lemon.markets. It’s the heart of the business, responsible for making sure the business grows, runs smoothly and lemoneers are happy & effective in their work.
You will work on a selection of diverse projects ranging from Business Operations, Research for our Go-to-Market, User Research, lending a hand to Product as well as supporting us on Events & People initiatives. These projects are hard to forecast and will highly depend on needs evolving from the phase lemon.markets is in, as well as hugely on your interests and the skill set you already bring along.
You’ll get the best of both worlds: experience firsthand how an early-stage start-up is being built, enjoy & benefit from a fast-paced and flexible environment, while working closely with experienced experts in their field. That means you will only support and leverage your skill set, but learn & grow by taking on projects with a high degree of ownership.
Your tasks will mostly revolve around:
- Building business processes, and documenting & communicating them concisely to the team.
- Researching for the relevant projects, developing strategy on & supporting with implementation.
- Being responsible for recurring operational tasks within the areas of Business Development & Operations.
Who are you:
- You have a background in business administration, economics, engineering, computer science or any other similar area.
- You understand what working in a startup or a similar lean organisation is like. Ideally, you have gained hands-on experience in a fast-paced environment, such as an early-stage startup, fintech, or tech company. By that, you know working in an early-stage startup can be somehow frightening, overwhelming, and amazing at the same time.
- You cope well with frequent change and ambiguity. Changing tasks & requirements excite you. You are able to think logically, break down complex problems and prioritise between multiple tasks on your table.
- You always keep the bigger picture in mind. The tasks you will do only cover a small part of the whole company, we need you to be able to reflect on what you do and why you do it.
- You are an entrepreneurial problem solver. You strive to take ownership of the tasks you get and apply your analytical skills, structured thinking, and independent working style towards solving them.
- You have a hands-on mentality. You default into action, want to gather first learnings fast, and iterate on the progress along the way.
- You have a sense of urgency. Once you’ve started a task or a project, you want to get the job done and make the effort to resolve any blockers that prevent you from moving forward.
- You are ready and willing to take ownership. “This is not my job!” is not part of your vocabulary - you identify problems, take initiative to take them on, and challenge the status quo.
- You are a team player. Working together as a team and sharing knowledge comes naturally to you.
- You have no problem with learning new tools and skills on the go. You try to solve problems with more things than the ones you already know. We will always enable you with that, but your willingness has to come first.
How we take care of you:
💎 Make a real impact:
Shape the experience for our customers and us alike. Decide on tools, processes and our go-to-market while building, learning and growing together.
🕑Flexible working hours:
We value focus time. Encouraging everyone to minimise fixed meetings and leverage asynchronous communication.
🏢 Onsite first, but remote flexible:
We all believe that in-person collaboration is an integral part of working together, but offer flexibility for remote working. Once a quarter, the whole team meets for our offsite to honor this belief.
📈 Grow with us:
We take your personal development seriously, meaning that we make sure to constantly mentor and challenge you so that you can reach your next level and beyond.
As an equal opportunity employer, lemon.markets is committed to building an inclusive workplace. The company welcomes people from all different backgrounds, including age, citizenship, ethnic and racial origins, gender identities, individuals with disabilities, marital status, religions and ideologies, and sexual orientations to apply.
About the process
Hiring can be an exhausting process, especially when you're the one trying to get hired. Therefore, we try to make this a fast and transparent process. Additionally, you will always have one contact person guiding you through the process and helping you to schedule meetings, and setting you up on a path to success. Your process will look like this:
- Introductory Call - Elena - Business Development Intern | 40 Minutes
- Case study presentation - Ferdinand - Business Development Lead | 60 Minutes
- Get to know the Team - BizDev | 60 minutes
- Meet the Founder - Max | 30 minutes chat