Brand Lead (f/m/x)
RemoteGermany, Berlin, BerlinBusiness - Marketing
About lemon.markets 🍋
We're on a mission to open 100 million brokerage accounts within the next ten years. Building the infrastructure for FinTech companies to launch an investing feature or product in Europe. Delivering the full value chain of brokerage through one API.
Over the last quarters, we focused on bringing the first version of the API to the market. Thousands of developers signed up and hundreds started to build their individual use cases with us. This resulted in 80+ inquiries from companies to launch their own stock trading UI with lemon.markets. With 15 million of fresh funding, we are now taking the next steps toward our mission: Building out our capabilities to allow (Fin)Tech companies to offer investment opportunities to their customers.
We have experienced first hand that brokerage infrastructure is broken. It’s a messy and complex problem that will take time to solve. But that’s exactly what we enjoy. Going to places nobody else dares and shielding our customers from the biggest pain. This not only creates tons of value when done right, but attracts the smartest minds - because we believe outlier companies are built by exceptional people like you.
As Brand Lead you will be the first in your role, tasked with building our brand and positioning our product. Leading the evolution from a developer API product to a B2B infrastructure business as we are emerging with our brokerage API. Your goal is to establish lemon.markets as the go-to-provider for Europe’s FinTechs for launching investment products.
You will create our tone of voice & style guide, re-launch our website & own the lead generation. This means you will draft marketing materials & create a brand book, conduct customer interviews & user research, manage our social media channels and liaise with media on all important announcements & developments. As Brand Lead you will support the product development & drive the Go-to-Market of our brokerage API for companies.
At lemon.markets we value ownership a lot. Meaning you will have autonomy in shaping your area of responsibility. To make our brand come to live you will work closely with our founder in the go-to market team and collaborate strategically with business development, product & talent acquisition teams. This is your opportunity to develop an engaging, modern & inclusive brand voice that makes launching an investment product sound as easy as launching a website. Through clear communication we abstract the complexity of the problem we are solving & guide our customer through their journey with us. Together we will leverage your previous experiences to build the investment infrastructure for the next 100 million retail investors in Europe.
- Develop our brand strategy: from shaping our brand, to positioning us in the market and delivering our brand to our customers across different channels.
- Develop our messaging across all customer touchpoints, create and own the website and guide the creation of the respective marketing materials, slides and presentations.
- Design content around lemon.markets and our use cases for our lemoneers & customers alike.
- Increase our brand awareness, by creating & managing social media strategies & campaigns and with that drive demand generation from a brand & marketing perspective.
- Collaborate closely with the product team and advise on all things branding & product marketing.
- Take an active part in shaping the GTM strategy, conduct customer interviews and strengthen our understanding of the problem we are solving.
- Be the face of lemon.markets communication to the outside while supporting on employer brand initiatives.
- Guide our founder & the leadership team on press releases, announcements & important milestones.
- Drive and align all internal communications, so we leverage the full power of our team to get the lemon.markets message across to our customers and stakeholders the right way.
You will be successful in this role if:
- You have gained extensive brand marketing experience. That means you have prior led the branding of a business brand and gained a deep understanding of how to enable a company’s go-to-market motion through clever positioning.
- You excel in copywriting. Meaning, you create engaging and on-brand texts for different marketing assets, such as our website content, marketing materials, social media and press releases while always considering the communication goal.
- Enabling Investing excites you: Therefore, having managed a business brand prior in a Fintech, API first or SaaS company would be preferable & would give you a head start.
- You enjoy building from scratch. This means high involvement in the development of our Product and our Go-to-market approach itself while finding the right strategy to communicate our brand to customers, media and future lemoneers.
- You can make complex matters sounds easy. Not only can you abstract complexity from technical & regulatory topics, but you communicate it effortlessly to customers and colleagues alike.
- You are ready and willing to take ownership. “This is not my job!” is not part of your vocabulary - you identify problems, take initiative to take them on and challenge the status quo.
- You have a collaborative mindset. Working together as a team and sharing knowledge comes natural to you. Long term - you consider becoming a team lead here in lemon.markets.
- You understand what working in a startup or a similar lean organisation is like. Working in an early-stage startup can be somehow frightened, overwhelming and amazing at the same time.
- You feel comfortable working in English & have the ability to express content in professional legal and business language. Speaking conversational German is a plus.
How we take care of you:
🚀 Competitive compensation package:
We will offer you a mix of cash and stock options based on your appetite for upside.
💎 Make a real impact:
Shape the employee experience of all lemoneers. Decide on tools and processes, to make working at lemon.markets a great experience.
🕑 Flexible working hours:
We value focus time. Encouraging everyone to minimise fixed meetings and leverage asynchronous communication.
💻 Build your perfect setup:
Mac, Mechanical Keyboard, Screen. These are not expenses but investments. Please tell us what is needed to make you productive, and we will take care of it.
🏢 Onsite first, but remote flexible:
We all believe that personal collaboration is an integral part of working together, but offer flexibility for remote working. Once a quarter the whole team meets for our offsite to hone this belief. In case you want to relocate to Berlin, we can provide assistance and visa sponsorship.
📈 Grow with us:
We take your personal development seriously, meaning that we make sure to constantly mentor and challenge you so that you can reach your next level and beyond.
👶🏽 Get the flexibility you need:
Whether you have a family or a passion that you want to follow on the side. We want to offer you a setting that fits your current stage in life.
As an equal opportunity employer, lemon.markets is committed to building an inclusive workplace. The company welcomes people from all different backgrounds, including age, citizenship, ethnic and racial origins, gender identities, individuals with disabilities, marital status, religions and ideologies, and sexual orientations to apply.
About the process
Hiring can be an exhausting process, especially when you're the one trying to get hired. Therefore, we try to make this a fast and transparent process. Additionally, you will always have one contact person guiding you through the process and helping you to schedule meetings, and setting you up on a path of success. Your process will look like this:
- Get to know lemon.markets - Jasmin - Talent | 40 minutes
- Deep Dive GTM - Cedric - Go to Market Lead | 60 minutes
- Product Positioning @ lemon.markets - Max - Founder | 60 minutes
- Meet us at lemon.markets HQ
- Case Study - Cedric & Max | 60 minutes
- Ask us anything - Meet the team | 30 minutes
- Meet the Founder - Max & Teresa | 30 minutes